Sunday, October 23, 2011

Swaddle Your Baby Better with TrueWomb®

If you have a newborn, you probably know the benefits of swaddling. If your baby was born in the hospital, you've seen the nurses wrap a swaddle tightly around your baby in mere seconds. If you've had your share of sleepless nights, you probably see your baby waking up after startling him or herself with flailing arms and legs. And if you're a seasoned parent, you probably have your own swaddling tips and techniques up your sleeve.

But I know I apologized to Baby T when I swaddled him sometimes. It was along the lines of, "I know this seems a little cruel, but it's for your own good."

Green Baby Diaper Service now carries TrueWomb®, a swaddling system that is simple to use and comfortable for baby. You won't wrestle with four-foot-square giant pieces of muslin that threaten to wrap themselves around your baby's neck. You won't walk in to see your previously swaddled baby waving to you.

TrueWomb® closely mimics the position of your baby in the womb. It keeps baby's arms and legs close without tightly binding them. It allows baby to move and stretch as needed, but when baby is resting comfortably, it keeps the arms and legs secure in the fetal position. This helps prevent baby from waking due to the startle reflex.

The TrueWomb® system addresses problems faced with other swaddling systems and blankets:
  • gradual loosening as baby moves during the night
  • failure to help keep legs in fetal position
  • over-wrapping
  • possibility of loose blankets in crib, which is a safety hazard
 This video demonstrates how the TrueWomb® helps keep baby in a womblike position:



And if you're like me, you're probably thinking, I bought all those giant muslin blankets, and it took me months to experiment with them and find the perfect way to swaddle. I wouldn't pay extra money for a fancy-schmancy swaddling blanket. I can make do with what I have, thank you very much. 

That's how I felt after having my first child, when I felt like I needed to prove to myself that I could be the perfect mother without all those gadgets and gizmos. But then I had my second child, and I accepted help in whatever way it was offered. I wish I had known about the TrueWomb® then!

No comments:

Post a Comment